Perfect For A Fun Evening Out
Best of Killarney Brews & Views
- 4.15pm & 5:15pm daily
- 1 hour
- Great Southern Hotel on East Avenue Road - opposite Killarney Railway & Outlet Centre, Fair Hill, Killarney.
- Killarney National Park, Ross Castle and Killarney Brewery.
- Groups, Couples and Singles
- A walk around the grounds of Ross Castle is optional.
- Jaunting Car Tour with local Jarvey Guide, short stopover at Ross Castle and subsequent drop off at Killarney Brewery. Also includes 1 Pizza & Beer per person.
- Experience the beauty of the Killarney National Park upon a fully weather-proofed Jaunting Car with your very own Jarvey Guide.
- Tour highlights include breath-taking scenes of Killarney’s most famous landmarks including St. Mary’s Cathedral, Ross Castle and Innisfallen Island.
- Visit the grounds of 15th century Ross Castle with spectacular views of the Lakes of Killarney.
- Learn about the unique history and nature of the Killarney National Park.
- Enjoy a Killarney Craft Beer of your choice as well as a wood-fired oven-baked Pizza at the Killarney Brewery. (Soft drinks and wine also available as a substitute.)
Start your experience at the historic Great Southern Hotel, where you will board your comfortable and cosy Jaunting Car and meet your friendly and knowledgeable Guide. Get ready to leave the hustle and bustle of Killarney Town behind and look above to a sky of green as you enter the quiet woodland surroundings of the National Park. Catch inspiring views of St. Mary’s iconic Cathedral and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the MacGillycuddy Reeks, Ireland’s highest mountain range.
Sit back and relax as you travel down the peaceful Deenagh Riverbank and take in the beauty of its flora and fauna. Learn more about the nature of the Park as well as its famous wildlife inhabitants including the Irish Red Deer, who you are sure to spy on your travels.
Journey back in time as your Guide shares tales of times gone by. Be transported back to 15th century Ireland with stories of the legendary Ross Castle, the last stronghold of the O’Donoghue Chieftains, and its tragic fall to the Cromwellian Army on their conquest of Ireland.
Take the opportunity to capture those special holiday moments as your Guide pauses at some of Killarney’s most dramatic scenic locations before reaching the shores of Ross Castle where you can avail of a stroll around the grounds and enjoy breath-taking views across Lough Leane, the largest of Killarney’s three Lakes.
Hop back on board for the short ride though the tree-lined avenue of Ross Road to the Killarney Brewery on the outskirts of the town. Once there, sample the finest of Killarney Craft Beers inspired by local myths and legends, complimented by a selection of hand-crafted Pizzas, the perfect end to a memorable trip.
Itinerary & What To Bring
Pick-up in front of The Great Southern Hotel formerly known as The Malton Hotel, opposite the Killarney Railway Station and Outlet Shopping Centre - V93 R866.
View Google Maps to find exact location.
Drop-off at the Killarney Brewery located on Muckross road. This is located approximately 5-minutes’ walk from the start point at the Great Southern Hotel.
View Google Maps to find exact location.
Things To Bring
For Best of Killarney Brews & Views, you must bring the following:
- The confirmation email on your mobile phone may be shown at check-in as proof of your booking.
- Alternatively, please bring proof of your booking by printing your voucher at the end of the booking process. The voucher can also be printed by clicking the link on your confirmation email.
- Don't forget your camera to capture the amazing views of the Castle and its surroundings.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your departure time.
- Warm clothes are advised; however, blankets are supplied to all passengers on the Jaunting Cars.
- The Killarney Jaunting Cars are covered from the elements.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Guided Jaunting Car Tour of Killarney National Park with short stopover at Ross Castle.
- 1 x Craft Beer per person, (soft drink or wine also available as a substitute).
- 1 x 12" hand-crafted Wood-Fired Pizza of your choice per person.
- Child Price includes 1 x 6" hand crafted Wood-Fired Pizza and soft drink per child.
- All taxes and charges are included in price.
- Admission to Ross Castle is not included in our prices.
- This tour finishes at the Killarney Brewery located on Muckross Road and does not include a return transfer to the starting point.
- Cancellation outside 7 days prior to visit = no charge.
- Cancellation within 2 - 5 days prior to tour start = 75% tour charge.
- Cancellation within 24 - 48 hours prior to visit = 50% tour charge.
- No show on the day of booking = 100% charge Change of passenger numbers are accepted up to 24 hours without charge.
- Reduction of passenger numbers are not accepted within 24 hours and will be fully charged.
Additional Policy Information
- All bookings go ahead despite very bad weather, unless we deem it unsafe, in which case you will be entitled to a full refund.
- The group organizer must inform Killarney Jaunting Cars if the group will be unable to keep to the time confirmed or if the group will be more than 10 minutes late arriving at a tour start point.
- While we will do our best to accommodate a group that arrives late or early, Killarney Jaunting Cars cannot be held responsible for any curtailing of the visit or for any dispute or issue arising from the late or early arrival of the group.
I just wanted to drop a line to say what a delight it was to use one of your jaunting carts. I recently returned from my first trip to Ireland. Whilst there and visiting Killarney, my best friend and I were picked up at our hotel by Paddy and Charlie (the horse).