A Great Day Out GuaranTEED!
Killarney Jaunt & Afternoon Tea
- 12.00pm, 1.15pm, 2.30pm, 3.45pm
- 3 Hours
- Great Southern Hotel on East Avenue Road, opposite Killarney Railway & Outlet Centre, Fair Hill, Killarney.
- Killarney National Park, Ross Castle and High Tea at the Great Southern Hotel.
- Small Groups, Couples and Singles.
- A walk around the grounds of Ross Castle is optional.
- Jaunting Car Tour with local Jarvey Guide, a short stopover at Ross Castle and subsequent drop-off at the Great Southern Hotel. Also includes Afternoon Tea & glass of prosecco per person.
- Experience the beauty of the Killarney National Park upon a fully weather-proofed Jaunting Car with your very own Jarvey Guide
- Tour highlights include breath-taking scenes of Killarney’s most famous landmarks including St. Mary’s Cathedral, Ross Castle and Innisfallen Island.
- Learn about the unique history and nature of the Killarney National Park.
- Visit the grounds of the majestic 15th century Ross Castle with spectacular views of the Lakes of Killarney and learn about the unique history and legends of the fortress.
- Enjoy High Tea in the lavish setting of the Great Southern Hotel, Killarney’s premier historic Hotel with a selection of sandwiches scones and tea, complimented by a glass of prosecco
Begin your tour with a lively jaunt through the bustling streets of Killarney Town, bursting with scenes of colour and charm before entering the quiet and peaceful surroundings of the picturesque Killarney National Park. Enjoy views of the magnificent MacGillycuddy Reeks, the highest mountain peaks in Ireland, witness the country’s last remaining herd of majestic Red Deer, and take in the unique sights and sounds of the Oak and Yew Woodland, as you learn about the history of the Park and how it came to be.
Journey on towards Ross Castle and its Tower Keep on the edge of Lough Lein and be spellbound by spectacular views along the way. Once the ancestral home of the O’Donoghue Clan, you will be enchanted by the striking beauty of the Castle as you listen to your Jarvey Guide unfold its history with tales of woe and warship as well as the ancient prophecy and legends of the fortress.
Take a quick jaunt back through the leafy green suburbs of Killarney’s Ross Road and back into the outskirts of the Town before disembarking from your journey at the Great Southern, Killarney’s Premier Historic Hotel and the perfect place to end the most memorable tour.
Relax and rewind in the splendour of the spacious Grand Foyer where High Tea has been served since Victorian times. Relish in a selection of finger sandwiches, freshly baked fruit or plain scones with clotted cream and jam, as well as a selection of pastries and banana bread, and of course, freshly brewed tea or coffee, complimented by a refreshing glass of prosecco.
Children’s option also available.
Itinerary & What To Bring
- Pick-up in front of the Great Southern Hotel, formerly known as the Malton Hotel, opposite the Killarney Railway Station and Outlet Shopping Centre – V93 R866.
View Google Maps to find exact location.
- Drop-off in front of the Great Southern Hotel, formerly known as the Malton Hotel, opposite the Killarney Railway Station and Outlet Shopping Centre – V93 R866.
Things To Bring
For Killarney Jaunt & Afternoon Tea, you must bring the following:
- The confirmation email on your mobile phone may be shown at check-in as proof of your booking.
- Alternatively, please bring proof of your booking by printing your voucher at the end of the booking process. The voucher can also be printed by clicking the link on your confirmation email.
- Don't forget your camera to capture the amazing views of the Castle and its surroundings.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your departure time.
- Warm clothes are advised; however, blankets are supplied to all passengers on the Jaunting Cars.
- The Lily Of Killarney Cruise is covered from the elements.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Guided Jaunting Car Tour of Killarney National Park with short stopover at Ross Castle.
- 1 x Traditional Afternoon Tea per person including a selection of finger sandwiches, freshly baked fruit or plain scones, a selection of freshly baked pastries and banana bread, and freshly brewed tea of coffee, (vegetarian and gluten free options also available on request).
- 1 x complimentary glass of prosecco per person.
- Child Price includes nutella & banana, ham & cheese sandwiches, freshly baked fruit & plain mini scones, selection of pastries, served with a choice of beverages including hot chocolate, milk or fresh juice.
- All taxes and charges are included in price.
- Admission to Ross Castle is not included in our prices.
- Cancellation outside 7 days prior to visit = no charge.
- Cancellation within 2 - 5 days prior to tour start = 75% tour charge.
- Cancellation within 24 - 48 hours prior to visit = 50% tour charge.
- No show on the day of booking = 100% charge
- Change of passenger numbers are accepted up to 24 hours without charge.
- Reduction of passenger numbers are not accepted within 24 hours and will be fully charged.
Additional Policy Information
- All bookings go ahead despite very bad weather, unless we deem it unsafe, in which case you will be entitled to a full refund.
- The group organizer must inform Killarney Jaunting Cars if the group will be unable to keep to the time confirmed or if the group will be more than 10 minutes late arriving at a tour start point.
- While we will do our best to accommodate a group that arrives late or early, Killarney Jaunting Cars cannot be held responsible for any curtailing of the visit or for any dispute or issue arising from the late or early arrival of the group.