From Park To Castle Tour
A Family Favourite
From Park To Castle Tour
- Daily from 8.00am to 5.15pm, (times can change with seasonality).
- 1 hour
- Great Southern Hotel on East Avenue Road -opposite Killarney Railway & Outlet Centre, Fair Hill, Killarney.
- Killarney National Park and Ross Castle.
- Families, groups, couples, singles & pet friendly
- A walk around the grounds of Ross Castle is optional.
- Jaunting Car Tour with local Jarvey Guide and short stopover at Ross Castle.
- This Tour can be done in reverse on request and subject to availability.
- Guided tour with a traditional Jarvey Guide full of Irish whit.
- Visit areas where no motor traffic is permitted in the Killarney National Park.
- View the magnificent St. Mary's Cathedral on route.
- Capture a picture of one of the few remaining Thatched Cottages in Ireland.
- Observe Ireland's last herd of native Red Deer.
- Awe-inspiring views of Ireland's highest Mountain Range, the MacGillycuddy Reeks.
- Take some leisure time at Ross Castle and Lough Léin.
Travel back in time as you take a traditional Jaunting Car Ride through the Killarney National Park and on to Ross Castle situated on the banks of the spectacular Killarney Lakes.
Take in the sights of some of Killarney’s most popular scenic hotspots like the iconic high spire of St. Mary’s Cathedral and the Deenagh Lodge and River as your private carriage takes a ramble through the magnificent landscape of the Killarney National Park.
Be transported back to 15th century Ireland with stories of the legendary stronghold of the O’Donoghue Chieftains and the ancient Castle’s tragic fall to the Cromwellian Army on their conquest of Ireland, the legend of the Lake and much, much more.
Learn more about the nature of the Park as well as its famous wildlife inhabitants including the Irish Red Deer. Take this unique opportunity to capture those special holiday moments as your Guide pauses at some of Killarney’s most dramatic scenic locations before reaching the shores of Ross Castle, where you will be invited to explore the grounds of the 15th century stronghold with breath-taking views across Lough Léin.
As the one-hour tour comes to its end, you will be returned to the town centre or your hotel with memories to last a lifetime.
Itinerary & What To Bring
Pick-up in front of The Great Southern Hotel formerly known as The Malton Hotel, opposite the Killarney Railway Station and Outlet Shopping Centre - V93 R866.
View Google Maps to find exact location.
- Drop-off at The Great Southern Hotel, opposite the Killarney Railway Station and Outlet Shopping Centre.
Things To Bring
For From Park To Castle Tour, you must bring the following:
- The confirmation email on your mobile phone may be shown at check-in as proof of your booking.
- Alternatively, please bring proof of your booking by printing your voucher at the end of the booking process. The voucher can also be printed by clicking the link on your confirmation email.
- Don't forget your camera to capture the amazing views of the Castle and its surroundings.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your departure time.
- Warm clothes are advised; however, blankets are supplied to all passengers on the Jaunting Cars.
- The Killarney Jaunting Cars are covered from the elements.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Guided Jaunting Car Tour of Killarney National Park with short stopover at Ross Castle.
- Children under 3 years of age complimentary.
- All taxes and charges are included in price.
- Admission to Ross Castle is not included in our prices.
- Food and refreshments are not included in price (unless pre-arranged with Killarney Jaunting Cars).
- Cancellation On/Outside 14 days prior to tour = no charge (apart from 5% processing fee)
- Cancellation within 8 - 13 days prior to tour = 50% charge.
- Cancellation On/Within 7 days prior to tour = 100% charge.
- All Refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee.
Additional Policy Information
- All bookings go ahead despite very bad weather, unless we deem it unsafe, in which case you will be entitled to a full refund.
- The group organizer must inform Killarney Jaunting Cars if the group will be unable to keep to the time confirmed or if the group will be more than 10 minutes late arriving at a tour start point.
- While we will do our best to accommodate a group that arrives late or early, Killarney Jaunting Cars cannot be held responsible for any curtailing of the visit or for any dispute or issue arising from the late or early arrival of the group.
Daphne Stephenson, GTO for St Theresa's Social Group in Leicester
Intrigued by Ireland
My group were recently in Killarney and enjoyed a tour with Killarney Jaunting Cars, we organised a joint ticket which allowed us to take a jaunting car ride through Killarney on a horse and carriage, followed by a cruise on Lough Lein, This was a lot of fun and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Monika Rizvanaj, Albatross Tours
Our group enjoyed your tour very much, thank you for all your hard work to make this such an unforgettable and special experience for the passengers.
Sarah Fitzpatrick, Tourism Ireland
Greetings from the Amsterdam office Tourism Ireland.It was great to meet with you all on our recent fam trip.Thank-you for a most memorable trip by jaunting car to dinner. It was the highlight of our visit to Ireland.