Ireland’s Oldest Tour
Gap of Dunloe Adventure Tour
- 10.20am daily.
- 5 Hours
- Wooden Bridge at Ross Castle.
- The Gap of Dunloe, Black Valley, Lord Brandon’s Cottage and Lakes of Killarney.
- Groups, Couples and Singles.
- A 5- minute walk between locations is required.
- Chaffeur transfer, traditional Pony & Trap Ride with local Jarvey Guide, stopover for lunch at Lord Brandon’s Cottage, (not included in price) and an Open Top Boat Tour with local Tour Guide & Captain.
- Experience one of the oldest tours in Ireland, dating back to the 1800s.
- Traverse through the unspoilt beauty of the Black Valley, one of the very last places to get electricity in Ireland.
- Explore the beauty and serenity of the Lakes of Killarney with your local Tour Guide & Captain.
- Experience one of rural Ireland’s oldest method of transportation with an authentic Pony & Trap Ride.
- Discover protected habitat areas of the Killarney National Park as well as its unique and rich vegetation and scenery.
- Capture exhilarating views of Eagle’s Nest Mountain, the Meeting of the Waters and Old Weir Bridge as you glide through the famous Lakes of Killarney.
Experience one of the oldest Trips in Ireland dating back to the 1800’s with our famous Gap of Dunloe Tour.
Meet with your Tour Rep at the Wooden Bridge in Ross Castle before being chauffeured by car to the Gap of Dunloe, where you will begin your adventure at the foothills of Ireland’s highest mountain range. From there, hop on board a traditional Pony and Trap Cart for a seven-mile journey to experience the magic of the Gap of Dunloe with its dramatic glaciated valleys and awe-inspiring views. Also gain a unique insight into rural Ireland as you traverse through the unspoilt beauty and isolation of the Black Valley.
Break at Lord Brandon’s Cottage for lunch where you can enjoy a light snack, (not included) before embarking on a fourteen-mile voyage through all three of Killarney’s Lakes aboard a traditional Open Top Boat.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty and serenity of the Killarney National Park by water as you are guided through the Lakes of Killarney, passing Innisfallen Island, Bricin Bridge, Colleen Bawn Rock, Torc Mountain, Old Weir Bridge and the Meetings of The Waters to mention a few before ending your journey at the magnificently restored 15th century Ross Castle.
An unforgettable adventure and the ultimate Killarney experience.
The tour starts and finishes at Ross Castle with a chauffeur transfer to Kate Kearney’s Cottage. This tour can also be done in reverse with the Open Top Boat Tour first, followed by the Pony & Trap Ride.
Itinerary & What To Bring
- Pick-up at Wooden-Bridge in front of Ross Castle at 10.20am.
View Google Maps to find exact location.
- Drop-off is at Ross Castle at 3.30pm.
Things To Bring
For Gap of Dunloe Adventure Tour, you must bring the following:
- The confirmation email on your mobile phone may be shown at check-in as proof of your booking.
- Alternatively, please bring proof of your booking by printing your voucher at the end of the booking process. The voucher can also be printed by clicking the link on your confirmation email.
- Don't forget your camera to capture the amazing scenery of the glaciated valley and Lakes of Killarney.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your departure time.
- The traditional Open Boat and Pony & Trap in the Gap of Dunloe are open and appropriate clothing and footwear is advised.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- The complete Gap of Dunloe Tour with transfer by car, Pony & Trap Ride and Open Top Boat Tour.
- Chauffeur transfer to Kate Kearney’s cottage
- Guided Pony & Trap Ride through the Gap of Dunloe and Black Valley with local Jarvey.
- Guided traditional Open Top Boat Tour to Ross Castle.
- All taxes and charges are included in price.
- Admission to Ross Castle is not included in our prices.
- Food and refreshments are not included in price (unless pre-arranged with Killarney Jaunting Cars).
- Cancellation outside 7 days prior to visit = no charge.
- Cancellation within 2 - 5 days prior to tour start = 75% tour charge.
- Cancellation within 24 - 48 hours prior to visit = 50% tour charge.
- No show on the day of booking = 100% charge.
- Change of passenger numbers are accepted up to 24 hours without charge.
- Reduction of passenger numbers are not accepted within 24 hours and will be fully charged.
Additional Policy Information
- All bookings go ahead despite very bad weather, unless we deem it unsafe, in which case you will be entitled to a full refund.
- The group organizer must inform Killarney Jaunting Cars if the group will be unable to keep to the time confirmed or if the group will be more than 10 minutes late arriving at a tour start point.
- While we will do our best to accommodate a group that arrives late or early, Killarney Jaunting Cars cannot be held responsible for any curtailing of the visit or for any dispute or issue arising from the late or early arrival of the group.
Frank from France
Last minute booking but 250 years expertise
Great from the beginning to the end Beautiful landscape with a real Irish weather and out of tourist crowds Recommended a thing to do
Valerie from Ireland
The Gap of Dunlop was absolutely one of the best trips ever!! Do not miss this tour!!! Laura will make sure you are taken care of!!!
Kathryn from United States
Best excursion so far
We loved everything about our trip. Our guide Mary was very kind and patient while we stopped to take pictures. Wonderful day well worth the price.