The Best Of Both Worlds
Jaunting Car & Lake Cruise Combo
- 11.00pm, 12.00pm, 12.45pm, 1.45pm, 2.15pm & 3.15pm daily.
- 2 hours.
- Ross Castle.
- Killarney National Park, Ross Castle and the Lakes of Killarney.
- Families, groups, couples and singles.
- A short 3-minute walk in between tours is required.
- Jaunting Car Tour with local Jarvey Guide and Lake Cruise with local Guide & Captain.
- Cruise in the comfort of a modern and heated glass-covered Lake Cruiser.
- Learn about the flora and fauna of the area as well as the history of its most famous landmarks from your Captain.
- Catch a glimpse of unique wildlife such as the White-Tailed Eagle.
- Drift by the 6th century Innisfallen Monastery founded by Augustinian Monks.
- Capture magnificent scenery of the Killarney Lakes and Mountains.
- Learn about the ancient Copper Mines dating back 4000 years on Ross Island.
- Following Cruise, enjoy a guided tour of Killarney National Park with Jarvey Guide.
- Visit areas of the National Park where no motor traffic is permitted.
- View the magnificent St. Mary’s Cathedral on route.
- Capture a picture of one of the finest Thatch-Roof Cottages left in Ireland.
- Observe Ireland’s last herd of native Red Deer.
- Awe-inspiring views of Ireland’s highest mountain range – the MacGillycuddy Reeks.
- Take some leisure time at Ross Castle and Lough Léin.
Enjoy the best of both worlds with our Traditional Jaunting Car and Lake Cruise Combination Tour.
From land to lake, experience the full range of scenery and history that Killarney has to offer and the best way to explore the Killarney National Park as well as the famous Lakes of Killarney.
Start your tour onboard a traditional Jaunting Car and enjoy the unique beauty of Killarney National Park and its wildlife as you ramble through its tree-lined avenues before your arrival at Ross Castle.
Learn about the history, legends and folklore of the area from your local Jarvey Guide and also catch a glimpse of the Park’s unique wildlife including the Red Deer, the last native herd in Ireland.
On arrival at Ross Castle, you will be invited to board our MV Lake Cruiser and set upon a voyage through Killarney’s largest and most picturesque Lake, Lough Léin from the comfort of our glass-covered, heated vessel.
Immerse yourself in the unique ecosystem of the National Park with its glistening Lakeland and majestic mountains for miles and learn about the folklore and legends of the area as well as its landmarks with live commentary from your informative Captain.
This tour can be done in reverse, Lake Cruise followed by Jaunt on request and subject to availability.
There are earlier and later sailing times for groups only. For group tour rates, contact our office +(0)64 6633358 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Itinerary & What To Bring
- Pick-up at Ross Castle.
View Google Maps to find exact location.
- Drop-off at Ross Castle.
Things To Bring
For Jaunting Car & Lake Cruise Combo, you must bring the following:
- The confirmation email on your mobile phone may be shown at check-in as proof of your booking.
- Alternatively, please bring proof of your booking by printing your voucher at the end of the booking process. The voucher can also be printed by clicking the link on your confirmation email.
- Don't forget your camera to capture the amazing scenery of the Lake and its surroundings.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your departure time.
- Warm clothes are advised; however, blankets are supplied to all passengers on the Jaunting Cars.
- The Killarney Jaunting Car and The Lily Of Killarney Cruise are covered from the elements.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Guided Jaunting Car Tour of Killarney National Park with short stopover at Ross Castle.
- Lake Tour in glass-covered MV Lake Cruiser upon the Lakes of Killarney with informative commentary from local Captain.
- Children under 3 years of age complimentary.
- All taxes and charges are included in price.
- Admission to Ross Castle is not included in our prices.
- Food and refreshments are not included in price (unless pre-arranged with Killarney Jaunting Cars).
- Cancellation outside 7 days prior to visit = no charge.
- Cancellation within 2 - 5 days prior to tour start = 75% tour charge.
- Cancellation within 24 - 48 hours prior to visit = 50% tour charge.
- No show on the day of booking = 100% charge.
- Change of passenger numbers are accepted up to 24 hours without charge.
- Reduction of passenger numbers are not accepted within 24 hours and will be fully charged.
Additional Policy Information
- All Bookings go ahead despite very bad weather, unless we deem it unsafe, in which case you will be entitled to a full refund.
- The group organizer must inform Killarney Jaunting Cars if the group will be unable to keep to the time confirmed or if the group will be more than 10 minutes late arriving at a tour start point.
- While we will do our best to accommodate a group that arrives late or early, Killarney Jaunting Cars cannot be held responsible for any curtailing of the visit or for any dispute or issue arising from the late or early arrival of the group.
B J from United States
Great craic. Lake cruise was outstanding. The boat captain and mate were very friendly and informative. It was a wonderful way to experience Killarney and it’s beauty. We were a little late getting to the boat and jaunting car because we booked our tour backwards from how we were trying to, starting at the Ross castle and ending back at the Great Southern. The cruise and the jaunting car both waited on us patiently. Thanks so much.
Julie from Australia
We enjoyed the lake cruise sitting outside for most of the time so we didn’t hear the commentary. The captain was considerate, cheerful and skilled to all including the very large tour group on board. The highlight for us however was the jaunting car where Anthony took the two of us on such a lovely ride with Shadow (the wonderful horse). It was a very special experience for us and I would heartily recommend the combination trip.
Lloyd from Canada
Killarney Jaunting Car Tour & Lake Cruise
Our experience was excellent on both the Lake Cruise with Danny Who was very knowledgeable and proud of his heritage and country. Also are Jaunting Car Tour was very enjoyable with Gary who was also very knowledgeable & humorous. We all enjoyed this experience & thank you for the same. We have no hesitation in recommending these activities to visitors to Killarney. Karen, Lloyd, Eldon & Kathy